HIAP SENG was founded and established in 1950 by Mr Tan Kuay Hoe under the name HIAP SENG ENGINEERING WORKS providing services covering steelwork fabrication. First milestone project was the construction of storage tanks and related pipe work for BP Singapore in 1960.
With expansion in operations and strategic acquisition and alliances, company was incorporatized in 1971 with the name changed to HIAP SENG ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION PTE LTD. HIAP SENG grew to become one of the major service provider in projects and maintenance services in the oil & gas and the process industries.
Hiap Seng was awarded "Enterprise 50" award in 1995, 1996 and 1998. It was organised then by The Business Times and Accenture. The event was also supported by EDB and IE Singapore.
The company was listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange in June 1999, and renamed as HIAP SENG ENGINEERING LIMITED.
HIAP SENG was accredited with ISO 9001, and our facilities was certified for ASME “S” & “U” stamps in 2003.
In line with our regionalization vision, a Thai joint venture NASCO HIAP SENG ENGINEERING was formed in 2003 with capabilities to provide fabrication and integrated engineering services to the industries. The JV has a well-equipped factory in Sriracha, Chonburi.
Today, HIAP SENG employs over 1000 people and has 6 fabrication facilities covering more than 2 million sq ft and have established a very impressive track records with both local and global MNC’s; a track record premised on safety, quality and timely delivery.
In 2010, Hiap Seng was recognized by Forbes Asia Magazine as one of the 200 best public-listed corporations under US$1 billion in revenue in the Asia Pacific. Noted for its potential for profitability and growth, and its modest indebtedness. Hiap Seng was one of eight Singapore-based company in the list.