HIAP SENG was founded in 1950 by Mr Tan Kuay Hoe under the name HIAP SENG ENGINEERING WORKS providing services covering steelwork fabrication. First milestone project was the construction of storage tanks and related pipe work for BP Singapore in 1960.
With expansion in operations and strategic acquisition and alliances, company was incorporated in 1971 as HIAP SENG ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION PTE LTD. Hiap Seng was awarded "Enterprise 50" award in 1995, 1996 and 1998 by The Business Times and Accenture. The company was listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange in June 1999, and renamed as HIAP SENG ENGINEERING LIMITED. HIAP SENG was accreditated with ISO 9001, our facilities was certified for ASME "S" & "U" stamps in 2003.
Today, HIAP SENG employs over 1000 people and has 6 fabrication facilities covering more than 2 million sq ft and has established very impressive track records with both local and global MNC’s. In 2010, Hiap Seng was recognized by Forbes Asia Magazine as one of the 200 best public-listed corporations under US$1 billion in revenue in the Asia Pacific.